The Difference Between Balayage Highlights and Blonde Highlights
Balayage Houstonhighlights are a popular way to add some drama to your hairstyle. Adding highlights can change your look completely. There are several different types of balayage highlights. The Foil Balayage Highlight is very popular. With the addition of hair sculpting, full or partial foil highlighters can make long straight hair appear wavy.
Using straight-line balayage highlights is very effective. Adding a lightener is not necessary to accomplish this look. This technique can be used along with hair highlighting products to produce natural depth and dimension. To achieve the best results, you should combine the following techniques:
– Olaplex. Olaplex is a lightweight mineral oil that produces a warm glow. It’s great for use on blonde highlights. “The Original says Cassanova, the Balayage Highlight is ‘a female secret, one that every stylist should have in his or her bag.’ According to Olaplex creator Judith Gudakunst, the process of creating the ‘original’ balayage highlight was inspired by the way the original artists applied colors on canvas.”
– Hair Colorist. Depending on color needs and desired effect, a hair colorist may suggest a specific balayage hair highlighting technique. For example, to add blue highlights, a colorist might suggest blue gel pens. The colorist will know the right color that will enhance the shape and highlights of your face.
– Color Correction. “The Original says: ‘Your skin reflects what your mind allows,’ which is a quote from Lao-Tzu. In other words, you can change your mind by changing your style. A professional hair salon stylist can help you with color corrections and touch ups,” says Dr. Helen Kiehne, Color Consultant, California Hair Institute.
“Blended highlights are softer than true balayage highlights. Soft highlights are done using three different shades of a lighter shade to achieve the soft look. Blending can add sparkle to your style, but it can also make the style look a little dry. To avoid this problem, try to find a good quality foundation that is slightly lighter than your darker shade. This can give you the appearance of softer highlights and helps you achieve the look you want without being too dry.”
– Professional Training. “While many hair salon customers think that they can do hair color highlighting themselves, this often times is not the case. Training is important for a salon professional to ensure that the client is on the right track. They should have been trained in basic hair highlighting techniques, which includes both Balayage and sombr styling techniques. Training can also help the stylist to keep a balanced approach, as everyone on a staff has different styling preferences.
– Saturation. Balayage highlights are more difficult to color and to get lighter than darker colors. When you want a deep, rich color, the process requires more attention than simply washing hair with a lighter or darker color. Using a proper Balayage shampoo is one way to increase the richness of color. Balayage hair color is very close to pure white, so using a high quality Balayage shampoo, conditioned with moisture, can result in the deepest color to be used.
– Training in Color Design. Many salon owners do not realize that Balayage coloring is a more advanced coloring technique than simple blonde highlights. High quality salon colorists should know how to produce a natural looking highlight. Colorists must also know how to do subtle shading to create an even more natural looking highlight.
– Proper Finishing Techniques. The most noticeable difference between a Balayage hair highlight and a regular, run-of-the-mill color is the sheen or shine. A regular, run-of-the-mill color will have more of a matte finish and less sheen. In order to produce a high-shine finish, the colorist must master working with and preparing hair foils. Sheets of hair must be perfectly round and evenly thinned.
– Experience and Training. Although hair salons have mastered the technique of creating balayage hair highlights with blonde highlights, it still takes talent and training to master this unique technique. A talented stylist will be able to create an entire range of blonde highlights by simply varying the number of layers and length of hair exposed. A good stylist should also be experienced with doing Balayage coloring and will use proper hair shears to cut the hair into multiple layers for a natural look.
As you can see, the difference between Balayage and blonde highlights is fairly significant. It is important for a stylist to understand these differences in order to properly color hair for these effects. Without proper training and practice, it is possible to end up with an orange blonde hair color when using the wrong technique. It is also important to make sure that your chosen salon uses the best products and techniques for coloring your hair. Using quality products will ensure that your hair does not become damaged and stained by bleaches or other chemicals found in some home coloring products.