If you are a homeowner, then there is no doubt that you have been frustrated with the state of your kitchen faucet at some point in time. It can be difficult to keep it clean and working properly. Fortunately, today there are many products on the market that allow for easy cleaning and maintenance of touchless kitchen faucets
In this article, we will be discussing how to clean and maintain such a faucet – let’s get right into it.
Cleaning a touchless Moen kitchen faucet
You have installed a new touchless kitchen faucet and it is working completely fine but the new challenge is, how to clean it. Here are the steps involved when it comes to cleaning a touchless kitchen faucet:
– wipe the bottom of the faucet down regularly to clear away any food or debris that may have fallen into it.
– flush the faucet, if you have time, with hot water and white vinegar. This will help to remove mineral deposits and residue buildup.
– plug the kitchen sink and reach underneath it to clean away any hair that has accumulated in the drain.
– pour a small amount of baking soda down the drain, followed by a cup of vinegar.
– fill up your sink with hot water and add 2 tablespoons of white vinegar. Let the faucet sit in this solution for 10 minutes or so, then rinse thoroughly with fresh water.
– use paper towels to dry excess moisture or streaks from the surface of the touchless kitchen faucet. Then leave a towel over top overnight to completely dry out any remaining moisture on its surface.
If you do these steps every once in a while, then your touchless kitchen faucet will maintain itself quite nicely.
Maintaining a touchless Moen kitchen faucet
For maintenance of your touchless kitchen faucets check for signs of wear, in particular along the sprayer button area as well as around the nozzle opening. If these areas show excessive wear they should be replaced.
If and when you notice that your touchless kitchen faucet is not functioning properly, it might be time to replace the batteries. Also, make sure that there are no other signs of damage such as broken or cracked parts.
If you find that anything needs to be replaced simply remove the old worn-out part and insert a new one in its place. These parts can typically be found at your local hardware store.
Finally, remember that cleanliness will ensure that the lifespan of any touchless kitchen faucets will last for years.
How do you remove the front sensor on a Moen faucet?
Take a butter knife and slide it under the metal part. Then gently pull up to pop it out of its place. This will allow you to clean underneath as well as remove any build-up on top.
Also, be careful not to cut yourself or scratch the outside of your faucet.
How do you replace the batteries in a Moen touchless kitchen faucet?
This is an easy job that can be done quickly. All you need to do is take out the battery pack from behind, replace it with new ones, and put it back into position so it lights up again when you wave your hand under it.
It’s that easy!
Final thoughts on how to clean a touchless Moen kitchen faucet
In conclusion, if you want to keep your touchless kitchen faucets clean and working properly, then try these tips out. You will see that they are easy to do and efficient as well.
This is information that everyone can use – if you are still considering the right kitchen faucet to choose for your home, keep in mind for when you need them down the line.
The post How To Clean A Touchless Moen Kitchen Faucet appeared first on Kitchen Infinity.
Always check our latest articles at…